Friday, July 20, 2012

My day as a SAHM

Yesterday I got to experience life as a stay at home mom and loved it!! The girls and I had such a fun time. We had a fun filled busy day. Now don't get me wrong cause I have stayed home with the girls before but yesterday just felt different.  We started the day off bright and early with two little sleepy heads that did not want to get out of bed.



Then we headed to the dentist for teeth cleanings.  We had to switch dentists due to some changes in insurance and the girls did great with the new dentist.  I had to laugh because the dentist sat down to talk to KK and asked her what flavor toothpaste the hygienist had used to brush her teeth and she said "sand"  Haha.  I have always felt like they were using sand on my teeth


After the dentist we had an hour before our next appointment so we headed to the park for some fun.  It was 10 and already felt like it was 100 degrees outside but we had fun anyways.  The girls played on the swings, chased squirrels, played in the sand and just had a great time.




After the park we headed to my work for them to see Dr. Denise for their 4 and 5 year old check ups.  They did so good and made me proud. I was a little saddened though to because they didn't want me by them while they were having their exams.  So they sat on the exam table all by themselves.  It is amazing how quickly they are growing up.  While we were waiting to be seen by the doctor I asked them what they would like for lunch and I got a unanimous SUSHI!!  That just cracked me up so we went to a local hibachi restaurant so that they could have sushi.  Riley had a California roll, and KK and I shared a hibachi steak and chicken.  I think they made a great choice cause it was good.

After lunch we had our last doctor appointment of the day and took Riley to the dermatologist.  She has molloscum contagiosum which sounds a lot worse than it is.  Basically it's a bunch of little white head looking warts that eventually go away on their own.  However hers were starting to spread to her face so this mama thought it was time to treat so off to derm we went.  She did so good there too and laid on the table while he applied some medicine to them that makes them blister up and go away.  As a reward for both of them being so good at all of our appointments and not making me want to pull my hair out we headed back to the park to ride the train.  One of our local parks has a small train that runs during the summer and you only have to pay 25 cents a ride.  Can't beat that!




After the park we went for sno cones.  We just had an excellent day and it was fun to do mommy daughter things on a day when everyone else was at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment